Skip to content

Keuka College News

Everette Davis Passes Away

Everette Davis, a 2011 Keuka graduate and student adviser in the Accelerated Studies for Adults Program (ASAP), passed away in his sleep last night.

A prayer vigil for him will be held Thursday, Dec. 1 at 11:45 a.m. in Norton Chapel. There are no calling hours but a memorial service has been scheduled Sunday, Dec. 4 at 11 a.m. in Norton Chapel.

Expressions of sympathy may be sent to Monica Maddox, senior admissions counselor in ASAP, or posted in the comments section below.

19 Responses to Everette Davis Passes Away

1. Erica Turner says:

i’m so sorry for your loss Monica. Everette was my cohort member, and a great man. He was so thoughtful and kept in touch as often as possible always offering a helpful tip on a job posting or just a friendly hello. Please know you’re in my thoughts.

2. Christina Thornton says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Monica. I was in Everette’s cohort, and I can truly tell you that he helped pull me through at so many times when I felt like quitting. He was a true inspiration, and we are all so blessed to have known him.

3. Barbara Kasian says:

Everette was my adviser, and the best adviser I have ever had! I am so, so very sorry to hear about this! He would call me just to say hello and check in regularly. Anytime I wanted to give up I would call him seeking his encouragement and reassurance and it was always there. My condolences to the family and all who cared for him.

4. Martha Gold says:

Very soon after I started at Keuka this summer, Everette became a constant in my workday. I could always count on a bit of humor, delivered in his signature ultra-dry fashion. Most of our conversations were just a few minutes long, as we all had work waiting. The exception was anything to do with road bikes and bicycling. Everette was an encyclopedia on bicycles and bicycle racing; a body of knowledge that has sadly been taken away far too early.

But, Everette could only be Everette thanks to Monica. My thoughts are with her.

5. Jessica Brewer says:

Oh, Everette (as I would always say to you!) My work area is way too quiet without you here next to me. I will miss our daily conversations, our laughs and our frustrations we shared. You were such a high-light to my work day. My thoughts are with you and Monica.

6. Lisa Saltzer says:

Everette was my advisor for Keuka ASAP- ORG 262. He was a pleasure to speak with. He was very helpful and such a positive person to speak with. He will be truly missed. My sympathies to his friends and loved ones.

7. Adam Sherwood says:

so sorry to read of his passing, he was very helpful in getting me started in the ASAP program.

8. Liz Hadley says:

I came to know Everette within the last year. He was helping me to determine the best time to start my program. He was so helpful and friendly. My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends. I’m sure he will be greatly missed.

9. Karen Rothfuss says:

I worked with Everette for several years at Ferro Corporation. He was a good, kind, and thoughtful soul. I extend my condolences to you Monica and know that he will be greatly missed by many.

10. Joanne Conley says:

Monica I am so very sorry for your loss. It was a pleasure working with Everette over the past year. He had a great sense of humor and was a strong problem solver. My thoughts are with you. Please feel free to call me if ther is anything I can do.

11. Lina Ramli says:

Monica,
    I am so sorry about your loss. Everette is the student advisor for our cohort and he was always helpful whenever we needed anything. I will never forget how encouraging he was when he came to our first class. He definitely will be missed by all of us. My sincere condolences.

12. Barb Malorzo says:

Monica,
    Everette was our student advisor for our cohort. He was always very friendly and helpful. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

13. Tracy Sault says:

I’m shocked! Everette has been a great help in helping me enroll and get started in the ASAP program. He was always very charming and polite. He will be missed.

14. Justin Cochran says:

Monica – Although I do not know you, or ever met Everette in person, he helped me select what classes to bridge over and help me on my path to graduation. He never took long to reply, and was always professional. Keuka lost a true asset, and I am sure the world lost an angel! My prayers go out to you, his co-workers, family and friends.

15. Melissa Campbell says:

Dear Monica:

Everette was a wonderful person who always had a great sense of humor and a desire to help those in need. I had many conversations with him by phone and, sadly, I never had the pleasure to meet him in person. We have all been blessed by having him in our lives – even for a short while. He will be greatly missed. He was our cohort representative (OM325). My condolences go out to you, his family, friends, and co-workers. Please remember he will always be in your heart.

16. Colleen Collins says:

I am so sorry to hear of Mr Davis’s passing.
    He assisted me during a difficult time in my
    Life. My condolences to his family and the entire
    Keuka College community :(

17. Kimrose Dean says:

Monica:
    When I think of Everette, I think of you and the “pups” and the horses. He used to stop in my office every day and say (in his Southern drawl), “What’s goin’ on girl?” I can hardly believe he is gone so soon. He will be sorely missed.
    Love,
    Kimrose

18. Monica
    Everette served on the Board of Director of my employer, Finger Lakes Community Health. We lunched together at the Red Dove in Geneva and would discuss quality management issues, about which he was both astute and passionate. He was a colleague, friend, humanitarian, scholar and a Southern gentleman. I remain shocked and saddened about his most untimely passing. My best to you.

Jim Kennedy, Geneva, NY

19. Mary Beth Edenfield says:

Monica,

I just found out today that Everette passed away 1 year ago. I truly wish you would have contacted me. He was like a brother to me. I met him when I was 18 and remember so many wonderful things about him. We worked together at the movie theater and my family loved him. He help me through many rough times, he was the best man at my wedding,and I remember the first time he told me about you, how giving He was, How he would never let me give up, how he loved his family and the sparkle in his eyes when he talked about you and your kids.

He came to Greenville one time after he got sick and told me about finding God, about his job, his work with the hosiptal, his life with you and how greatful and happy he was. I hope you know what an impact you had on his life and I am truly sorry for your loss. Everette was a very good friend to me for many years. Looking back now, I think he came to say goodbye to me. He knew what he was facing and I will always cherrish my friendship with Everette. God Bless You – Mary Beth